18-04-2010, 05:22 PM
لو سمحتوااالي عندهParagraph about my favorite invention يحطوا ولا يبخل

فولك
18-04-2010, 05:47 PM
سامحيني ما عندي

UAEo0o
18-04-2010, 07:03 PM
آنــشآآلله فــآآلج طييب ...

فــآآلج مب غيير عن الباقيين الي اعطيهم..

انتي مثلهم...

تفضلــي...

Everyone can make a list of their favorite inventions that have made their lives easier. Most will say things like computers, or microwave ovens, or cell phones, however one of my favorites is the simple and understated egg carton.

Though eggs can be very durable they can be extremely fragile. There is no better way of packaging them than an egg carton, which is made from molded pulp. It is also referred to as molded paper pulp or molded fiber and in some circles, the term “egg carton material” is synonymous with molded pulp. I don’t like the polystyrene cartons. To me, eggs and plastic don’t mix well together. It’s a natural product in an unnatural container, kind of like bottled water.

Being a small egg producer I barely make enough on the eggs to cover my feed expenses, so I jump at the opportunity to score free egg cartons. I encourage customers to return cartons to me when they are finished, and I happily take cartons with other names printed on them. I am a recycler. I’d rather not have to pay 25 cents for new cartons.

I scored a dozen cartons yesterday and I’m feeling good, so now I’m good for another month. It’s a lot like getting a load of hay and not needing to worry about finding hay the horses for a couple months. That reminds me of another great invention; baling twine. Remember when they used bailing wire. Though baling twine is plastic it really does the job and it can also be recycled. It also has hundreds of other uses around the farm.
posted by The Guy Who Writes This at 4:00 AM

17 Comments:
Auntie said...
The actual feel of polysty freaks me out. This is only rivaled by the freak-squeaky sounds it makes when you are trying to close a carton and the peg things don't want to fit at first. Ew, I am creepin' myself out just thinking of it.

6:01 AM
Beth said...
I've always preferred the molded paper pulp cartons - used to collect them for kids' arts and crafts.
They'd slit their wrists these days cutting those polystyrene ones.

6:08 AM
darev2005 said...
I can agree about the egg cartons. Those are an amazing and enduring invention. I don't much care for the plastic ones myself, but that's about all we can get around here. On occasion we'll find a pulp carton, but usually not.
I would have to say that my favorite invention of the last decade or so is the cordless drill. Those things are handier than pockets on a snake. I'd carry one 24/7 if I could get away with it.

7:22 AM
Anonymous said...
Isn't nice when a simple thing like a supply of egg cartons can put spring in your step and glide in your stride? Bailing twine used to be made from natural fibers. I preferred it to the polypropylene stuff.

7:49 AM
gearhead said...
Our baler is a 1948 McCormick Model 45.
We use good old fashon sisal twine.
$30.00 of sisal baled 10 tons last year.

8:45 AM
Uncle Walt said...
handier than pockets on a snake

Now I'm wondering what a snake would put in pockets. And why.

10:28 AM
Ginger said...
I LOVE TOILET PAPER! It's a BAD DAY when you run out...

I also like running water...as in, you turn the faucet on and water comes out. Just try to go a day or two w/o using running water...it's not an easy thing.

1:39 PM
loopymamain06 said...
hot water tanks!
da loop

5:52 PM
g said...
i'd have to say the indoor sundial.

6:49 PM
jb said...
I'll save mine for you from now on. I always feel guilty when I throw them out because I know they are so reusable.

7:58 PM
Mike S said...
As an apartment owner I think I love them most for their soundproofing capabilities. The best stereo & loudest rap/hip-hop are no competition for the egg carton's peace inducing qualities;)

10:34 PM
The Guy Who Writes This said...
Auntie, like finger nails on a blackboard.

Beth,I'd slit my wrist if I had to listen to it.

Darev, the screw driver attachment is worth its weight in gold.

Anon, I wish all hay producers would go back to that, though I understand that some places will recycle the plastic stuff.

Gearhead, good man.

Walt, good point, and which direction would they face?

Ginger, Loopy and g, agreed.

JB, thanks, hey I should write you today, I'm taking bets.

Mike, from my experience they are good for deadening sound in a room, but not so good for preventing sound from getting out of a room.

5:47 AM
darev2005 said...
I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Just seeing if you were awake out there. (grin)

6:40 AM
g said...
seriously? ;-)

7:56 PM
Mike S said...
Guy- the trick is to use them as filler between wall/floor layers. Work best when the 'cupped' sides only are used to form an eggshaped double-cup barrier;)

9:16 PM
Paula said...
When I put the plastic twine from hay bales in the recycle bin they threw it out on the ground. Humm I don't understand why.

9:30 PM
The Guy Who Writes This said...
Paula, I will do a post on this soon, but check this link.
http://www.re-sources.org/agriculturalplastics.htm

6:31 AM
Post a Comment

<< Home
About Me
Name: The Guy Who Writes This
View my complete profile

Previous Posts
Free HBO...Sort Of.
More Chicks Man
School Photos
Astoria Crabs Festival
I Am Very Frightened
Spring Signals
Off Kilter
I Will Meet You at the Station
It's Getting Worse All the Time.
The Middle of the Road

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XCc22ntI7_E/Sc-YGc_NgZI/AAAAAAAAClA/kxkzWF77tBw/s400/3320564493_bd79dbe842_m.jpg
.................................................. .................................................. ....................

و اتمنى انج تستفيديين من كــل كــلمة في الفقــرة...

تسلمييين والله..

dolfen
16-06-2010, 04:47 PM
شكرا #bf00ffويعطيك العافية